Aluminium does not lose quality when it is reused. Metal loss is minimal when recycling, and the environmental advantage substantial. When aluminium is reused instead of extracting new aluminium, it saves 95% of the energy.
THIS IS SUSTAINABILITY IN ITS PUREST FORM
Aluminium can be smelted and shaped an infinite number of times. This makes aluminium a renewable raw material with an unbeatable environmental footprint.
LEICHTMETALL CLOSES THE RAW MATERIAL LIFECYCLE
We turn scraps into raw material. Not only by buying in secondary aluminium, but also through our manufacture: We immediately reintroduce our own filing “rubbish”, shavings and other process “junk” back into the metal cycle.
OUR HEART BEATS GREEN
That’s why we regularly put our environmental performance to the test. We feel responsible towards our employees, our customers, suppliers and last but not least our direct environment.
Our gas emissions are low and we are significantly below legal emission levels. Our intelligent metal cycle conserves resources and the standards we demand of ourselves make us a reliable partner.
OUR UNDERSTANDING OF RESPONSIBILITY
Customers and suppliers appreciate our
- Excellent product quality at a fair price
- Fairness, partnership and consistency in business relations
- Environmentally friendly production with short delivery times.
Employees can find:
- A workplace with a future
- Fair remuneration
- Adequate industrial safety.
AT THE SAME TIME, WE PAY ATTENTION TO:
- Compliance with all legal provisions with regards to environment, occupational and product safety
- Responsible use of raw materials and low energy use
- Minimisation of waste, exhausts and emissions.
- Because we want to contribute proactively toward achieving Germany’s climate protection goals, we have joined a REGINEE of the VEA. This regional network is part of the Energy Efficiency Networks Initiative (IEEN), which was founded at the end of 2014 by the German government together with leading industrial associations and organizations in Germany. Its goal is to establish 500 energy efficiency networks by the end of 2020, thereby saving up to 75 PJ of primary energy or 5 million metric tons of GHG emissions.
- The ASI certification process enables us to demonstrate that we meet the highest environmental, social and ethical standards through our commitment. In operating this way, we want to make our contribution to transparency and sustainability throughout the aluminum value chain.